ACI 318-14: Reorganized for DesignThe American Concrete Institute has recently published the newest edition of ACI 318, “Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete (ACI 318-14).” This edition represents the first major change in Code organization in over 40 years and has been completely reorganized from a designer’s perspective. This seminar will help you get acquainted with the new organization and various technical changes to the code as quickly as possible and demonstrate how you can ensure that your design fully complies with the new code.
A member of the ACI 318 committee and an ACI staff engineer will guide attendees through the new organization of the code, concentrating on provisions for cast-in-place, nonprestressed concrete member design. The philosophy behind the new organizational structure will be demonstrated through a thorough review of the Code’s outline and provisions in the major chapters to give attendees new insight into the background behind the new organizational structure and how the new organization makes it easier to find needed requirements.
All major technical changes and new provisions will be highlighted to keep Code users up-to-date with the latest requirements. In addition, reorganization has collected all construction related requirements into a single chapter. The responsibility of the licensed design professional to include this information in contract documents, as it relates to a particular project, will be explained.
Included with this seminar is a complimentary copy of ACI 318-14. A copy of the presentation for the attendee to take notes in and refer to after the seminar will also be provided. Non members that pay the seminar registration fee ($697) are entitled to a complimentary, one-time, 6 month membership, a $115 value.
Earn .75 CEUs (7.5 PDHs) by attending this one-day ACI Seminar in Ft. Lauderdale, FL on
December 3, 2015.
5555 Anglers Ave, Suite 28
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33312
Also available as an online course. Individual or Group purchase.
As part of the seminar, you will receive FREE the following publication(s) a $269.50 value:
||ACI 318-14: Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete and Commentary
||A printed copy of the presentation
Specific topics covered during the seminar include:
- > overall organizational philosophy of the new code;
- > scope, hierarchy, interpretation, and types of ACI documents;
- > NEW requirements for structural systems, loads, and analysis including the relationship between the structural systems chapter and the rest of the
- > beam requirements, with an emphasis on explaining the use of reference chapters throughout each member chapter of the code;
- > two-way slab requirements, including an overview of provisions related to non-participating members of structures in seismic design categories D, E
- > column requirements, including seismic detailing specific to each seismic design category;
- > wall requirements, including boundary element provisions;
- > NEW requirements for the design and detailing of diaphragms;
- > an explanation of the seismic requirements related to each member type;
- > a brief overview of the provisions related to the design of foundations and plain concrete;
- > provisions covering the joints and connections between members;
- > organization of chapters covering material requirements for steel and concrete;
- > an overview of requirements pertaining to strut-and-tie models; and
- > responsibilities of the licensed design professional regarding information provided in construction documents.